Ruth Reichl's Better Pancakes
These pancakes are really, really good. They are a perfect blend between the fat american pancakes and the thin swedish ones.
The amount of baking powder makes them ludicrously fluffy.
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs large
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil plus more for cooking
- 1 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter and blend with all the fluids in one bowl.
- Blend all the dry ingredients together in another bowl.
- Blend both bowls together and cook the pancakes on 75% heat.